In 1944 son in law Børge Hansen took over and the family business continued. The company grew, and Stouby furniture was exported to all corners of the world, Austria, England, Kuwait, and the USA. In 1965 The New York Times praised Stoubys chair nr.13 for its sublime functionality and not least the exclusive design.
74 years in the hands of the one family finally comes to an end in 1976. Nonetheless Stouby keeps on growing in the same positive spirit with the new ownership structure and 1981 the old factory buildings finally becomes to cramped. The production moves to bigger and better locales in the village of Løsning, where it resides to this day.