There are only two things you can do on LOT: buy and sell. Both are as easy as an Eames lounge chair. If you have a piece of furniture to sell and you think it’s right for LOT, take a picture of it on your phone or digital camera and upload it on the Sell page, with some details. Based on the information you provide, we’ll make a decision on whether your piece can be listed. If you’re buying, it’s even more straightforward. Don’t worry about delivery – we can organise that for you, if you’d like. We’ll even arrange for your new purchase to be reupholstered, exactly as you wish.
There are a few steps to take in order to buy a product from LOT.
- Find the product you want using our search tool or browse a collection from our home page.
- Once you have found a product you like, simply add the product to your cart on the individual product page.
- Make sure that when you have a product in your cart, you request a delivery quote using our form. This can be found under ‘Request a delivery quote’. Once we have received this, we will send you and email with an estimate of how much it will cost to ship the item to your house.
- When you are happy with the items in your cart, go to your checkout. On Checkout, fill out all of your details. Make sure you have completed a delivery quote form, and if necessary, specified that you want the product re-upholstered.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or Stripe. Once you have paid for both shipping and the item, the item will be delivered to you. If you pay for an item, but not the shipping, the item will not be sent to you.
Items can be searched for either by using text or our searching system. Please note, not all items will appear if using a text search.
On LOT, you can sell your used furniture online. Please note that not all furniture that our team looks at will make it onto the site, thus is our curation. If you do think you have an item that you think we might be interested in, please read this section carefully on how to complete our sellers form. Please note that all areas must be filled out in full in order for us to consider your application. All items uploaded will incur a £25 listing fee.
Please fill out all fields in this section in order for us to contact you and organise delivery.
It is essential that this part is filled out clearly and coherently. In order for your product to sell, it must be very clear what the item is. Items wrongly specified will not be eligible to be sold on LOT.
How to write your item description
Look at your furniture objectively – be honest! – tell us any visible defects or repairs that may have happened and need to be considered. Visible scratches, chipping, tears in upholstery should also be disclosed. Photographs of any visible defects may be helpful.
If you do not know all of the information in this section, do not worry. Please try to give us the information to the best of your ability.